Just finished my first week of my 6th semester of college. I'm taking 15 hours which is, if you aren't familiar with college hours, 5 classes. My Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are quite full. Whereas, my Tuesdays and Thursdays are open. That is my schedule as of now...I have to get a job and don't know how much or what hours I will have to work. We will see! So, there are some classes I'm enjoying but a few I'm dreading. Let's go through each class so far...
1. Europe after 1939 - the class I'm dreading the most! I was looking forward to it; however, not anymore. First of all and most of the reason, the teacher is a total pro-French, maybe perverted, Democrat. Joy! Also, his teaching is "all over the place" and random. My notes are "off the wall" crazy and unorganized. Not my way of studying. It probably won't be too hard. Thinking that a B will be the outcome...
2. Early American Republic - looking very much forward to it! My prof is a controversal one...in that I had heard good and bad comments about her. But, I think I will love her! Very nice lady and very organized. Won't be easy but she is very passionate about the subject and will make sure we learn a lot. The subject is interesting to me and the teacher is good...great combination! Hoping for an A outcome, maybe a B though...
3. Writing for Performance - super excited! This class is with a teacher I've had 4 times before and he's great. He's an interesting guy, but nice and talented. This class is all about writing plays. I have to write a full-length play, monodrama, and then choice either for my final piece. I'm super excited because I have numerous story plots in my creative mind that are just aching to be put into a play. I'm anticipating writing the monodrama more than anything because I have one character that I feel is me! She's a Southern Belle during the Civil War. I'm sure an A will result...
4. Acting Theories - so/so. Talk about a fish outta water! I'm one of FOUR "normal" people in a class full of theatre geeks. The Theatre department is full of strange creatures...literally! They are quite different...quite crude...quite interesting...quite awkward. I'm just SO glad that a guy named Josh who's involved at the ministry with me is in the class too. And one of the other
"normal" guys is kinda cute. Yes, I love to act...but the people will be the challenge in this class. It is surely put me out of my comfort zone almost every class. Thankfully it's only twice a week though. It will more than likely be an easy A...
5. Intercultural Communication - my first night class. The prof seems really fun! And I know a lot of people in the class. But...it's from 6 to 9 at night! It's probably be pretty fun. Really not much to say about this one. Hopefully an A...
So...you have a review of my first week of classes. Pretty good schedule. I don't think I'm end up with all A's but hopeuflly only 2 B's (or less) will be the grade result.
The thing I REALLY need to work on now is finding a job. I NEED a job!
Adios until later. I need to go get ready for dinner at Quizno's (Chicken Carbanara!!!) with Daddy-o...then babysitting 3 of my favorite kids ever! Great night ahead...
Katie Scarlett, out!
Katie Scarlett, I like your blog and first few posts! It's definitely you! KBT
ReplyDelete